8) Customer service is the key. 85% of the small and medium businesses on Twitter emphasize the need to provide this service on the platform.
9) In 2018, Twitter was considered to be one of the top digital publishing companies. This means that it has a large share of the market, and allows you to reach plenty of potential (and current) customers.
10) Video creation matters. 72% percent of marketers in the U.S. who use Twitter are confident in their ability to create videos to connect with customers.
11) People on Twitter are more educated than those on other platforms. 29% of all users have at least a college degree. You can use this fact to adjust your ad spend accordingly.
12) Larger businesses take advantage of Twitter more than smaller ones. 88% of all companies that have more than 100 employees use this form of social media content marketing.
13) Social media marketing statistics include those on feelings. For example, 83% of the people who sent a Tweet to a company and received a response, felt better about the company and were more likely to do business with them.
14) According to Twitter’s shareholder information, in the third quarter of 2017, Twitter live-streamed over 830 events. 75% of those viewers were located outside of the United States. This proves that the platform has a global marketing reach.
15) Following a brand on Twitter is meaningful to users. 72% of the people who follow brands on Twitter are likely to purchase items or services from them.
16) Twitter attracts male followers. Over 24% of all internet users who have Twitter accounts are male.
24) Of those Facebook Business Pages, there are only two million of them that use the platform for advertising purposes. There’s a niche waiting to be filled there.
25) 35 minutes each day. That’s how much time people spend on Facebook While this doesn’t sound like much, it can be enough to make an impact.
26) On top of this, most people access Facebook around eight times each day. This means that the 35-minute amount mentioned above is broken down quite a bit, leaving you with mere minutes to capture their attention.
27) Overall, every minute there are 400 new Facebook users, 54,000 links that are shared, 147,000 new uploaded photos, and 317,000 status updates. How many of them pertain to your company?
28) Many Facebook ads contain video content. 44% of all marketers intend to pay to promote their video content posts.
29) Facebook is incredibly popular with marketers, according to some social media statistics. Over 93% of all marketers take advantage of Facebook’s easy to set up advertising options.
30) Images matter as well. If your Facebook ads contain images, then they will be between 75% and 90% more effective.
31) Facebook advertisements need to catch people’s attention very quickly. Almost half of their value should be communicated in the first three seconds that the ad is up.
32) The Click Through Rate (CTR) is one of those marketing statistics that most people probably wish they could forget. It’s a mere 0.9%, but at least that gives it plenty of room to grow. This also varies based on demographics. Find out how much it costs to advertise on Facebook.
34) Make sure to set your Facebook ad posts to deploy on weekday afternoons. That’s when you’ll reach the more people.
Pinterest Marketing Stats
Pinterest is one of those platforms that tend to get overlooked. Marketers think of pinboards as being full of random images that don’t have a lot of meaning. This line of thinking is entirely wrong, as these social media marketing statistics will attest.
38) The salaries of people who use Pinterest is higher than average. Over 40% of them have a total yearly household income of $100,000 while 50% of the other users make over $50,000 per year.
39) Pinterest ranks fourth in popularity among social media users, and that number is growing slowly.
40) Speaking of growth, over half of the people signing up for Pinterest are men. It’s no longer a place almost solely for women.
41) People use Pinterest to plan what they’re going to purchase. Over 93% of all users stated this in a recent survey. Small business owners should use this to gain an entirely new customer base.
42) Promoted pins can lead to sales. Over 50% of all people surveyed admitted that they bought something off of one.
43) Mobile devices are popular among Pinterest users. 85% of all searches for topics like home furnishings and recipes are done through the Pinterest app.
44) The popularity of your pins depends on its category. If your business falls into the following categories, then you’re in luck: gifts, drinks, food, flowers, hobbies, art supplies, and art. These are the pins that 47% of all users search for and share.
45) Pinners (those who use Pinterest) would like to see more brand content on the platform. 78% of them state that they welcome brands, and an additional 66% say that they would make purchases from those pins.
46) Businesses using Pinterest’s social media advertising platform report getting $2 in profit for every $1 spent. You can’t beat that rate of return!
47) If your business specializes in holiday or special occasion items, then you’ll like this fact. People who use Pinterest start the planning process twice as early as everyone else. You can take advantage of this by setting up your social media ads appropriately.
48) Frequent travelers are another demographic that is popular on Pinterest. Three out of every four people who plan their trips using the platform think that the pins produced by brands are useful.
49) The unique setup provides users with a way of interacting with the pins that they place on their boards. 70% of all users say that they click, save, or even search for a particular pin. This means that they’re interacting with your content.
50) Pinterest users create a lot of content. Over 14 million articles are pinned to the platform daily.
Instagram Marketing Statistics
Instagram is quickly becoming one of the most popular social media sites. It’s only behind by Facebook as far as user numbers are concerned, but that’s rapidly changing.
Here are some of the most interesting social media marketing stats surrounding Instagram.
52) Instagram stories are posted by over 200 million people each month, making them an excellent way to reach your desired cohort of consumers.
53) Restaurants are in luck, as pizza (as well as steak and sushi) are the most Instagrammed foods. If you own a restaurant, then you want to encourage your clientele to share pictures of your dishes on their accounts.
54) Instagram is highly accessed by its users. 51% of all people who use Instagram are on the platform every day. Also, 35% of them check their feeds multiple times per day.
55) Which form of social media is the most popular? Instagram comes in second in that contest, not far behind Facebook.
56) One of the most interesting social media marketing statistics on Instagram includes the sheer amount of people who have an account. Roughly one billion people, located all over the world, have signed up.
57) When you’re looking at worldwide advertising revenues, you need to focus your attention on Instagram. Over 80% of all users are located outside of the United States, giving you plenty of chances to expand your global reach to countries like Japan, Russia, Indonesia, Brazil, India, and Turkey.
58) The younger generation loves Instagram. 59% of Instagram users are under the age of 30.
59) Speaking of users under age 30, 78% of teens between the ages of 15 and 17 use Instagram. They are followed by those between the ages of 13 and 14, 63% of whom have an account.
60) With that said, adults shouldn’t be overlooked either. The breakdown of the 35% of adults who are online frequently and have Instagram accounts show that they have purchasing power. Approximately 42% of this group makes more than $75,000 per year.
61) Smartphone users make up a good portion of the adults who use the platform. Roughly one in four of them admit to checking their feeds at least once per day.
62) The stories feature is very popular with Instagram users. One-third of the most viewed stories were created by companies trying to reach consumers.
63) In June 2018, Instagram stories hit a new record, with 400 million of them produced each day. With so many available on the platform, you need to get creative to have an impact.
64) Ever since Instagram rolled out their shoppable post feature, people have taken advantage of it. Over 72% of all platform users have admitted to buying something that they saw on Instagram.
65) As of September of 2017, there were two million advertisers on Instagram. This shows that there is plenty of value, as far as content marketing is concerned, in the social media platform.
69) Those 25 million businesses are being visited almost daily by around 200 million Instagram users.
70) 80% of users on Instagram follow at least one company.
YouTube Marketing Statistics
71. YouTube is the preferred form of social media marketing worldwide. 83% of all consumers prefer it.
72. Video content matters. Over 54% of all people want marketers to put out more video content, and this is an excellent place to begin.
73. The area of the world with the highest demand for this video content in Latin America. This makes it a good place for companies to expand their advertising reach.
74. Another interesting social media marketing statistic is that consumers worldwide like Youtube. Over 83% of them prefer the platform for watching video content.
75. Videos need to be entertaining to catch your potential customers’ eyes. 73% of consumers worldwide want to see videos that aren’t boring.
76. Did you know that YouTube is more popular than cable television? It really is, since the platform has a reach that extends to more people between the ages of 18 and 49 than traditional U.S. television.
77. Overall, YouTube has over 1.5 billion users, making it second in the social media popularity contest.
78. Most of YouTube’s user base is male. The ratio is 55% men to 45% women.
79. The younger generation loves YouTube. 96% of all teens in the United States use the platform. This is a good segment of the market for some companies to reach out to.
83. If you want to get attention from users, you need to post a picture or a link with your update. According to social media marketing stats, posts with images receive 98% more comments than others. On top of this, there is a 200% engagement rate among posts with links.
84. See if you can create some long-form content to help your advertising revenues. Over 160,000 long-form articles are posted weekly, all of which receive plenty of attention from users.
85. Businesses receive a lot of attention by giving users access to their information. Over 46% of all social media traffic to company websites comes from LinkedIn.
To Sum It Up: Social Media Facts and Statistics
As you can see from these social media marketing statistics for 2019, all of these platforms allow businesses to reach various demographics. You’ll have to decide which of them contains the groups that you want to market towards and then develop the best plan from there.
While every form of social media is growing in size, each has unique audiences. Develop unique content for each platform, and you’ll be successful.